Designing a kitchen that you’ll love for many years involves creating a functional and aesthetically pleasing space that suits your needs and preferences. At Keynvor Kitchens, we recommend steps and considerations to keep in mind when designing your new kitchen:
1) Set goals and priorities: Determine what you want to achieve with your kitchen design. Consider factors like the number of people who will use the kitchen, cooking habits, storage needs, and any specific appliances or features you want to include.
2) Layout and workflow: The layout of your kitchen is crucial for efficiency. The three most common kitchen layouts we are asked to design and install are:
Galley Kitchen: A narrow kitchen with two parallel counters, which is ideal for smaller spaces.
L-shaped Kitchen: Featuring countertops arranged in an “L” shape, this design provides more open space and is suitable for medium-sized kitchens.
U-shaped Kitchen: Utilizing three walls, this design offers plenty of storage and countertop space, making it great for larger kitchens.
3) Ensure that the kitchen work triangle is optimised: which refers to the placement of the sink, stove, and refrigerator to create an efficient workflow.
4) Appliances and fixtures: Choose appliances and fixtures that fit your needs and budget. Consider energy-efficient options to save on utility bills. Popular kitchen appliances include stoves, ovens, refrigerators, dishwashers, and microwaves.
5) Fitted cabinets and storage space: Select cabinets and storage solutions that match the overall style of your kitchen while providing adequate space for your cookware, utensils, and pantry items. Pull-out shelves, deep drawers, and vertical dividers are practical storage features.
6) Countertops and surfaces: Choose durable and easy-to-maintain countertops that complement your kitchen‘s style. Popular materials include wood, granite, quartz, marble, and stainless steel. Just remember, wood will require yearly staining, whereas a product like stainless steel may scratch easy.
7) Lighting: Proper lighting is crucial in the kitchen. Incorporate a mix of ambient, task, and accent lighting to create a functional and inviting atmosphere. Under-cabinet lighting is excellent for illuminating work areas.
8) Flooring: Select flooring materials that are durable and easy to clean. Tile, hardwood, laminate, and vinyl are popular choices for kitchen flooring.
9) Colors and finishes: Decide on a color scheme and finishes that align with your taste and the overall style of your home. Neutral colors are timeless, while pops of color can add vibrancy and personality.
10) Ventilation: Install a good ventilation system, such as a range hood, to eliminate cooking odors and maintain indoor air quality.
Remember, your kitchen design should reflect your lifestyle and preferences while maintaining practicality and functionality.
Please click here to book a kitchen design consultation today and visit our Kitchen showroom near Helston, where one of our professional kitchen designers can discuss your full requirements and help you bring your dream kitchen to life, all within your budget.
We look forward to meeting you.